Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fundraising update

Before arriving in Nica I raised $3,674 towards my year here. $1,500 of the money I raised went towards my flight (round trip arrive July, leave December), housing and visa. My remaining amount until December is 1,846.00, this pays for food and other personal necessities, like bathroom amenities, clean water, laundry etc. I will be going back to the U.S. for 3 weeks in December and returning to Nicaragua for an additional 5.5 months in 2013. My goal is to raise an additional $3,500 for my second round here before my return to the U.S. in December. The exchange rate here is 23.35 cordobas to $1, so living here is relatively inexpensive. Your support not only impacts my stay here but the lives of the girls I'm working with. I've been here two weeks and God is doing some serious transformation in my heart. It's beautiful to see how in the moment Nicaraguans live and at the same time there has been things that have come up that break my heart but knowing that 4 times a week for a couple hours I can help a girl have some fun and have a safe place is priceless. Please consider donating, so I can return in January to continue to develop the FSF program in Granada. Thank you for your contributions financially, your prayers and love so far!