Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas wish

Only two weeks before I venture back home to be with my family and friends to share the experience I've been having here in Nicaragua. It's such a wonderful opportunity to be able to go home for Christmas and is a much needed break but at the same time I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to return in January and continue to help these girls and FSF's program grow. So this is my Christmas wish... With my initial fundraised money, I've bought a plane ticket to come back to Nicaragua in January 6th, 2013 until June 24th, 2013. God has laid in front of me the importance of my presence here in Granada, for the sake of this community and the girls as well as for my own personal growth. Through this experience I've learned on a new level how exciting life is and how the work I'm doing is shaping me for future endeavors working for the Lord. I'm on this great adventure called life and I wouldn't be able to do this without the help of others. In order to come back to Nicaragua I need to fundraise $1,700 for food and basic households items like toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste etc. approximately $70 per week I'll be in Granada for 24 weeks. Perhaps a generous $80/week so I can my bucket of laundry a rest ;).
My return to Granada is important to me because Kelly (my co-leader) and I have barely scraped the surface of the changes and impacts we want to make. We have an opportunity to propose a curriculum, getting girls sponsorships and/or school scholarships, to implement a plan to prevent teen pregnancy and school dropouts, to teach our 3 new interns, Rebecca, Akash and Allie the ropes of being FSF leaders and most importantly spend time with our Mariposas and Estrellas to show them that they are SO loved.
I'd be lying if I wasn't crying right now writing this knowing I'm leaving my Mari's for three weeks and how quickly next "semester" will go...this experience is making an impact and I've been completely moved by this community and compelled to grow deeper in Christ.This surely won't be the last time that I go out of country to seek God's will and I hope that in watching my experience that you are inspired to buy a plane ticket, give to others, seek opportunities in your community to love others or whatever might be on your heart.
So, here is my Christmas wish, that you would consider my service here with FĂștbol Sin Fronteras in Granada, Nicaragua in your end of year giving to help me reach my goal of $1,700 by December 25, 2012 and continue working to change lives, educate girls to become strong women and to love on Granada's community. You can make a tax-deductible donation here on my blog on your right through Razoo OR you can send a check to: Soccer Without Borders 25 Thomson Place, 1st Floor, Boston, MA 02210 Please be sure to specify that the donation is for Madeliene Hernandez. Thank you for all your support through thoughts, prayers and giving. All my love, Mady